Sunday, November 4, 2012

Back?

WOW, it's been wayyy too long since I last wrote.  This is always the problem I have with blogging - I'm so faithful and good at updating for a while, and once I start forgetting more, I just don't know where to start... so, I don't.  Ugh.  I know I've said it many times, but I'm honestly going to try to start writing more.  Even if it's just really short.

I don't have time to update on my life right now, but here is a quick (VERY brief) summary:




  • My photography is starting to take off!!  I'm SO excited.  Yes, I do it for myself, but it's still incredibly exciting and amazing when people actually stop you in real life to tell you "how amazing" your photography is.  Eeeeep!  I've still got SO far to go, but thank-you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who continues to support me with my dream.
  • Speaking of this, I bought a new camera and 3 lenses in the summer!!  A Canon EOS 60D with the 50mm 1.8, 55-250mm, and 18-55mm.  My baby's name is Loki and I love him SO MUCH.
  • I GOT THE JOB I'VE BEEN WANTING FOR ALMOST A YEAR!  Say "hello" to one of the newest Elfs at the mall at the North Pole!! =D  (more about that later!)
  • I've been dating Peter for more than a year... whoa, crazy much?!  Oct. 30th was our "official" one year mark.
  • My health is really taking a turn for the worst as of this past year especially.  For those who don't know about any of this, I'll do a post later dedicated to explaining as much as I can.
  • College is... overwhelming.  Yes, I'm probably only feeling inspired to update my blog now because I'm supposed to be reading and writing a million things.  Ugh.  I used to love school, but now, I'm hating it.  I credit it to my stupidity in taking 4 courses EVERY SEMESTER.  Yes, that includes summer.  I realized that the last time I had a "proper" break was summer 2010.  Summer 2011, the summer after I graduated highschool, I worked for a good chunk of my summer at camp.  Yes, this was awesome, but far from a break.  Then I did 4 courses every semester with only a couple weeks between them.  I feel like I'm going to rip my hair out.  All I want to do is... well, anything that's NOT college related.  Especially photography, though.  I feel like I'm really being held back by my lack of time. 
  • Speaking of photography again, in the summer, I went on a Flickr meet-up for my first time ever.  Well, the tail end of it... because of, you guessed it, exams.  UGH.  Anyways, my friend Essy invited me to come along (especially since she wouldn't know most of them - her sister Liz was the host), and it was unbelievable.  I've never been in the presence of that many AMAZING photographers in my life.  I drool over their photostreams, and suddenly, I'M WATCHING THEM WORK/WORKING *WITH* THEM!!!!  I'll never get over that.  More on this later.
  • I'm going to be 19 in 4 days.  Whaaaat?!
  • 51 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!! 
Aaaaand there's probably wayyy more points I'm forgetting, and DEFS more details, but alas, I need to get back (start? heh.) my homework for today.  In the meantime, here are some links to check out my latest photography pieces (I'm allowed to shamelessly plug on my own blog!):

Facebook: www.facebook.com/sarahjillphotography
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/sarahjillphotography

Have a wonderful day (if anyone actually sees this?), and I'll try to update more soon! =)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...