Friday, May 24, 2013

Foodie Friday: Microwaved Meals in a Mug; My Obsession


Today was a "microwave meal in a mug" kind of day.

Actually, to be honest, every day is a good day for making a meal in a mug.

I have my go-to list of 18 Microwave Snacks You Can Cook in a Mug that I've used for quite some time now (so far I've made French Toast, Meatloaf, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake from that list, and I also used to make Brownie/Cake in a Cup a lot when I was younger though I can't remember exactly which recipe I used). But today, I stumbled upon a list of 10 more recipes I can make with a mug, and found one that I knew I had to try this morning. 

Let me take you through my little adventure!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Mug Cake from babble.com.


Step 1: Crack an egg into your mug.
Like this. Except cracked. And in the mug.

Step 2: Add 3 Tablespoons of brown sugar. 
Mmmm, eggy sugar.

Step 3: Toss in 1/3 cup of flour and a tablespoon of softened butter.

Make sure to keep stirring it all together!

Step 4: Add 3-4 tablespoons of (preferably mini) chocolate chips to top it all off.


Step 5: Make sure it's all good and stirred together!

Step 6: Pop it in the microwave for about 1.5 minutes (until it puffs up and looks cooked).
I'm a dork...
Near disaster... oops.
That's better!
Step 7: ENJOY!!



Hope you enjoyed this post! I think I'm going to start writing more posts about the various meals I make in a mug from now on.

But I did find a list of 24 Dessert Recipes in a Jar that I think I need to try soon...

- Sarah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love mug cakes! - ErnBird

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...