Thursday, September 25, 2008

Beauty and the Beast!

Hello! Due to an overwhelming amount of requests... OK, just one... I'm going to write about my theatre auditions for Beauty and the Beast! (the same group that I was in for the last 8 years- we did Alice in Wonderland last year, remember?) Anyways, like I said, I wanted to be Belle, along with... hmmm... I believe it was 24 other girls. But I wanted it BAD. I practiced her song pretty much everyday, and got all OCD with it like I always do, as all my friends know. :) Anyways, I did the call back for her and Mrs. Potts on Friday the 19th. It went ok, but my voice was shaking SO much because I was SOO nervous!! The cast list wasn't supposed to come out until the Wednesday, but it came out the next day- Saturday.
I found out I had gotten Mrs. Potts. At first, I was devastated. I had so much wet mascara all over my pillow case, it went through to my actual pillow. But, after I had a good cry and pillow-punching session, I was fine. Actually, happy. Then, ecstatic! I was only upset because it wasn't the part I was going for. But after I thought about it, I JUST COULDN'T WAIT TO START PRACTICING!!!! I am SO happy with my part now, and I feel very blessed to be given the opportunity to play her!! Thanks Amanda and Linnea!!!! :)
Well, here was my story! Hope you enjoyed it! :)
Take care!

3 comments:

bloggeranonymous said...

Mrs. Potts is such a good character!! It's basically one of the best! I'm so excited to see your show now!!!!!!!!!

Sarah-Jill said...

Haha thanks! Yay, I'm glad you're coming!! =D
but I thought you knew what part I got!! Did you not?

Amanda A said...

Oh Sarah!

I understand how upsetting it can be to not get a part you want - ESPECIALLY when you work SO hard to get it!!

I'm glad you're now "Estatic" with getting the show started, and I know you'll be an AMAZING Mrs. Potts!! That's why we cast you!!

Much love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...