Saturday, November 15, 2008

Grade 10! UGH!!

Hello Josh, Amanda, and Jane! The three people that read my blog! I LOVE you guys! =]
Oh, and hi to anyone else that is hopefully reading this! Well, it doesn't really matter if I have lots of people reading this particular post- I just meant it's nice to have more people reading my blog! Ok, I'll stop blabbering and get on with my post!

For those who don't know, I am in grade 10. Grade 10 is INTENSE!!!! It's crazy, horrible, informative, heinous, interesting, stupid, annoying, weird, useless, useful, and that's all the adjectives I can think of for now, due to my brain being fried from my latest research report! I knew I was in for a tough year, but really, I had NO idea. I knew I wouldn't have much of a social life. Again, NO IDEA. Which, inspired me to write the following poem:

Grade 10
-By Sarah Rush
October 1st 2008

It is the end
Of a long, tiring day
Now I wish I could sleep
All my troubles away
Who knew so much stress
Could be inflicted on a teen?
It seems so unfair, so unjust,
So- mean.
The world can be a cruel place
And everyone has things to deal with
But remember, or wait 'till you get to grade 10
And you'll see what I'm saying's no myth.


I tend to write poetry about everything I'm feeling- and, 99% of them were written in bed, as I was falling asleep and reflecting on the day, and often, my life. When this one was written, I obviously was really fed up with school work. Some of my poetry is happy, don't worry! =]

Well, I should get back to researching the Giant Hogweed, but hopefully I'll find more time to blog soon!

Catch ya later!

3 comments:

bloggeranonymous said...

Oh cool! You wrote the poem on my Birthday! Woo! Thanks for the comment on my blog. For my Christmas cards I've been using the paper you gave me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amanda A said...

Glad to have you back!!

Lovely poem. You have quite a talent there, miss. Keep up with it!!

Sarah-Jill said...

Oh ya, I never realized that Josh! Sweet! =]
Yay! I'm glad you liked it!! =D

Thanks Amanda! Maybe I'll post more sometime! :)
First, I publish it on www.poetry.com so it's copyrighted, and then I can put it here. :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...