Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mira 2009!

In case any of you haven't heard, I made it into Mira 2009!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!! YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
What is Mira 2009, you may ask?
Mira, meaning 'wonderful' in Latin, is a mentoring program by the Elektra Women's Choir- they're from Vancouver and pretty famous! =)
I'm SOOOOOOO unbelievably excited!!!!!!!!
I made it in, along with 11 other high school aged girls- 2 of them being dear friends from my other 2 choirs!
So, at the performance, we're singing with the Elektra Women's Choir from Vancouver, The Balkan Babes from Victoria, Western Washington University Women's Chorale from Bellingham, Washington, and Brilliant Harmony from Japan at the Christ Church Cathedral in Vancouver!!!!
But- wait for it- we have to learn 10 songs for our show on March 1st!!!!
And our first practice is January 24th!!!!
=O
But I'm totally up for the challenge!
I've already got the sheet music for 8 of the songs though so I can start practicing! It's going to be intense, but not too long, so I know I can handle it!
So, at the moment, I'm in 3 choirs... on top of everything else... yeah... insane, but that's what I'm used to!
Unfortunately, I only know 1/10 songs, so this is going to be a lot! And one of the song is in Japanese, and another couple are in Latin!!
OH MAN OH MAN I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok I'm done!
=D
If you want to read up more about this, check out this site and this part of it too!
Ooh, and they mention the 12 of us in this one! =)
God bless!

7 comments:

bloggeranonymous said...

That sounds like too much fun!!

bloggeranonymous said...

AND CONGRATS! That's really big!

Sarah-Jill said...

I know! I can't wait!! =D
(like you can't tell!!) =P

And thanks!! =D

Elizabeth said...

Congrats Sarah!!! I'm so happy for you. Hope you have fun and try not to injure yourself in the process! :D

Sarah-Jill said...

Thanks Lizzy!!
But, how would I injure myself?? I guess you know me too well! =D

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Sarah-Jill said...

Thanks so much! =)
Just wondering, who is this?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...