Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy 50th birthday, Mum!


Happy Birthday, Mum!

Today, you turn 50. I know you're all like, "waaaah, I'm old, blah blah blah blah," but you're NOT! And a 50th bday is extra special, so I felt like that needed to be specified.

I'm sorry I'm so bad at showing my love and appreciation sometimes, but please know how much I truly do love and appreciate you.

I'm sorry that your birthday often gets a bit overshadowed, even if you don't feel like it does.

I'm sorry that we tend to butt heads a lot.

I'm going to try to stop apologizing in this post though, and focus on thanking you.



You are the glue that has held our family together through so much.

You are the person who takes care of your family even when YOU are sick.

You have always believed in me, even when you weren't sure how I would achieve something.

You flew across the continent with me in a blind leap of faith just to try to help me.

You always accept my apologies, even when I've really been awful to you (and take a darn long time to apologize).

You're learning to respect my boundaries and let me figure out life for myself, even when your mummy senses try to overpower you and make you intervene if you think that I'm going to be hurt.

You're very humble and admit when you've been in the wrong, and always genuinely apologize.

You took 9 years out of your life (10 in total) to homeschool Emma and I so that we'd have all the time in the world to be kids and learn without boundaries of timetables. Even though there was a lot of bad stuff that happened through these years, I still think I would be very different (in a bad way) if I had been forced to conform to public school standards when I clearly have never been like "all the other kids."

Thank-you for unconditionally loving me, even though I wasn't (and aren't) the easiest kid to handle.

Thank-you for always making me feel like I was worth it all.

I love you, Mum.

Evidence that I was born an elf... and my parents still loved me.

-Sarah xoxo

P.S. - Yes, I used the last picture grid on Facebook for Mother's Day, but I wasn't back into my regular blogging habit yet and therefore didn't post on Mother's Day, so I think I'm allowed to re-use it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...