Thursday, May 30, 2013

Throw-Back Thursday: The Recreation of an Old Photo

Ages 8 and 6; ages 19 and 17

Some things never change. But, a lot of things do.

Like our grass. I mean, the fact that we have a lawn now rather than the field of moss from the first picture.

And our heights. I was laughing about the fact that Emma was going to tower over me in the second photo, until we went outside to take the photo and discovered that the EXACT spot I had been standing  in the first photo now had a giant root lump.

Epic win.


The house behind us has really changed, too! It's crazy to see just how different it really is now.

And look at how much the tree has grown!! I knew it must have, but seeing the pictures side-by-side like this really shows just how much.

Side note: I swear, I didn't actually normally dress like that back then. I was homschooled, but not thaaaat homeschooled. Heh. We were on the way out the door to my first performance of Fiddler on the Roof when we stopped to take a quick picture in front of the willow tree - that seemed to be our go-to photo-op spot growing up.

We recreated this photo for Mother's Day and sent it to a photo store to have it made into a photo crystal thingy. I didn't even know such a thing existed, but it turned out really well!

I definitely want to recreate more old photos - I've seen it done before, and it's SUCH a neat idea! We didn't try to match our outfits to the old photo that time, but I think we'll do that for the rest, just for fun.

Anyways, I don't have much of a story behind this photo other than what I've already typed above, but I thought it would make a good TBT post. =)

Thanks for reading!

-Sarah

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...