Monday, June 10, 2013

Musing Monday: Happy Birthday, Mary Ann!!


Today is a special day. On this day, 50 years ago, a pretty awesome woman was born.

Happy birthday, Mary Ann!!

Thank-you so much for welcoming me into your family; trusting me to love and care for and be loved and cared for by Peter, even though certain aspects of me are less than ideal.

Thank-you for the way you raised Peter; teaching him by example what a good relationship looks like, building his self-confidence, encouraging him to make good choices but still giving him lots of freedom...

Thank-you for teaching me to find my voice (okay, okay, I'm still working on it).

Thank-you for encouraging me to pursue my photography.

Thank-you for having me over every Sunday to watch Game of Thrones.

Thank-you for being patient with me through all my anxieties, awkwardness, and self-doubting.

Thank-you for not judging me.

Thank-you for all the bad-ass things you've done for me, directly or indirectly - getting me side stage for City and Colour and Mother Mother, helping my story get noticed for it to end up on CTV, fundraising for my surgery through your own freaking birthday party, basically co-managing my campaign, helping me find jobs here and there...

Thank-you for being strong enough for both of us when Peter was in the hospital. Enough said.

I hope to know you for a long time - I've still got a lot to learn from you.

Love,

Sarah

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...